Old September 9th 15, 09:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Travis McGee Travis McGee is offline

Default Anyone still there?

On 9/9/2015 2:31 PM, Steve wrote:
Are there any real people still here? Should we have a roll call? So many of the old guard gone. I'm not sure what keeps bringing me back here unless it's the odd hope of reading about someone's latest DX catch, homebrewing exploit or DXpedition adventure.

I admit, my SWL activity has decreased since I went berzerk over ham radio, but recently I've started building regenerative receivers, Manhattan style, on copper clad circuit boards, and you can build a damn good receiver that way. I still have some excellent shortwave rigs (AOR 7030+, Lowe HF-150, etc.), but they aren't seeing much use these days. There are only so many hours in the day (24, I'm told, though that figure sounds exaggerated to me).

I'm thinking a good direct conversion receiver might be a good project for the future.

So what's up out there?

I still see an occasional post of interest, and I read through the
Google News everyday. Not much, but it doesn't take much effort, either.