Old September 14th 15, 08:56 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
AndyW AndyW is offline

Default Furthe questions to the RF Photonists amongst you.

On 11/09/2015 11:50, gareth wrote:
"gareth" wrote in message
3. Also, if your RF photons are generated by that same intra-atomic
process, then
what must be the laser / maser like process that induces all the atoms in
a half-wave dipole
to produce the photons in the appropriate phase relationship?

IN particular this question because of the unpredictable statistical nature
of quantum physics, and the dipole radiaition is completely regular and
predictable.

You misunderstand the difference between the behaviours and prediction
of individuals and populations.
You cannot predict the nature of a photon but you can predict the nature
of a population.
Going back to the double slit experiment, you cannot predict where a
single photon will end up but you can easily predict the spread of photons.

If I roll 2 dice, I cannot predict the outcome of the roll but I can
show the probability density function of a large number of rolls to a
very high accuracy and show it experimentally.

Andy