Old September 14th 15, 09:00 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
AndyW AndyW is offline

Default The decline of Usenet

On 11/09/2015 14:59, gareth wrote:
I have endeavoured over the past couple of weeks to stimulate apposite
discussion in these two NGs, mainly in the case of ura, because in the
week prior to my arrival it was nobbut a hotbed of squabbling children,
a range of behaviours that can only bad for the good and PR of amateur
radio.

Indeed, in the 21 years that I have been subscribing to Usenet, it has been
my
consistent stance that amateur radio has twin traditions of technical
motivation
and gentlemanliness.

The rec.radio.amateur.* set of NGs is also largely quiet, and perhaps the
rather
silly and infantile way in which of a number of american so-called adults
have
responded to what to me are interesting matters indicates that it is better
that
the rec.radio.amateur.* NGs should be left to wither on the vine.

Does this mean that you are leaving this NG?

Andy