Old September 17th 15, 05:23 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.net.news.moderation,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default What is the purpose of this and other NGs?

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 17:18:08 -0400, rickman wrote:

On 9/16/2015 4:52 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 13:51:25 -0400, rickman wrote:

Too long, didn't read...

"Sorry, but I didn't have time to make it shorter."
(Blaise Pascal, Mark Twain, and others).

"Nothing of importance has ever been said on one line"
(Me)

You offer a one liner on the importance of not being brief????

Becoming part of the problem is much easier than finding a solution.

Actually, it's also my commentary on the Twitter Generation, where
most communications is in the form of one liners. Usually its a
statement of position, lacking only in the background, logic, details,
and commentary that would it interesting. That's one reason why I
haven't abandoned Usenet. It's 100% content. Everyone has a right to
an opinion. However, I'm more interested in the background, logic,
details, rationalizations, references, examples and substantiations.
None of that can be delivered on one line.

I'm disappointed that you didn't read my longish rant. It was
specifically scribbled to answer your question. I figured I owed you
that since I bailed out of more than one discussion, unable to answer
your questions. Debt discharged so now I can be my normal evil self.

Drivel: I spent yesterday replacing phone wiring under a customers
house. I thought I was too old for this kind of work. I was right.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D