Old October 8th 03, 05:37 AM
Dr. Anton Squeegee

In article ,
says...

I have a 25 watt Tait VHF rig in my mobile. It seems not to be getting
enough current. The rig is run straight to the
battery thru fuses, but still "chatters" when keyed. Antenna seems to be

snip

How's your grounding?

Have you actually tried to check your antenna using a thruline
wattmeter, checking both forward and reflected power?

"Seems to be" is iffy at best when it comes to antennas and
transmitters. Don't guess. Know. Check it with the right test gear. If
you don't own a wattmeter, you could probably borrow one or find one on
Ebay.

73 de KC7GR

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)