Old October 10th 03, 02:47 AM

MikeB wrote:
I am taking the Tech+ test soon and have some equipment-related
questions.

I know alot about electronics but nothing about amateur radio, nor do
I know anyone who does, so I hope this is the best newsgroup for info,
if not, let me know which group to ask my questions in!

I plan to start off with low-power CW and need to know what equipment
I'll need to get started. I searched the archives, but did not get
much solid info.

I plan on getting a basic "learning transceiver" off eBay to begin
with, then after I know what options I need and learn more, I'll get a
new one.

What features will I need to be able to start to do low-power CW, and
is there a preferred brand or model to look for?

Thanks,

MikeB

There is NO Tech Plus test. Only Tech, General and Extra.

-Frank