Old September 29th 15, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Stuckle Jerry Stuckle is offline

Default Parallel coax

On 9/29/2015 3:36 AM, John S wrote:
On 9/28/2015 6:54 PM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

You said return loss increases with lower SWR. It does not.

It does.

Sorry, a lower SWR does not increase the amount of loss.

Please cite a reliable reference that says it does.

From the ARRL:

http://www.arrl.org/news/amateur-radio-quiz-a-log-of-dbs

"9) D -- Higher positive values of Return Loss (RL) in dB indicate less
power returning from a load, indicating a lower SWR."

OK, I'll have to take that up with N0AX. My university professors and
the IEEE disagree with him from an engineering view.

However, hams often try to make things easier - and not always correctly.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address