Old September 30th 15, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Fred Goldstein[_2_] Fred Goldstein[_2_] is offline

Default Remote Serial Access via TNC?

On 9/29/2015 3:57 PM, Steve White wrote:
I have a question, and Im not sure how to ask this but I'll give it
shot.

Is there a way, to connect to a remote TNC and have the remote TNC
almost in some kind of passthrough mode, where it will basically show
the serial interface of a computer or device connected to that remote
TNC?

I would think that's pretty normal operation. TNCs were designed to let
terminals, or more likely computers running terminal emulators, do
keyboard-to-keyboard chat between their respective serial ports. So if
TNC 1 connects to TNC 2, it is talking to the serial port, and thus the
device behind it. Your application might work best in Transparent mode.
-de k1io