Old October 2nd 15, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default Short antennae are poor radiators - a simple illustration.

wrote in message
On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 7:59:00 AM UTC-5, gareth wrote:
By their very nature, short antennae are standing wave antennae and not
travelling wave antennae.
Consider the standing wave that is apparent when the incident wave
arrives
at
the open end of the antennae.
In the case of at least 1/4 wave antennae, the standing wave exhibits the
full quadrant
of a cycle, but in the shorter antennae, there is less than a full
quadrant,
and it follows
that because not the full quadrant appears on the antennae, then they do
not
radiate from that
full quadrant.

Your car wears it's tire mittens, yet sputters at porch lights due to
excessive
carbon buildup on the various intake valves.
The carbon expands as it heats up, and then the valves refuse to seal,
which
leads to a loss of compression, which leads to a poor operating ability as
it
passes go to collect it's $200 while operating 3A at field day.
I asked my cat what is likely the cause for this peculiar phenomenon, and
it
laughed at me and pointed to the northeast.

Sorry, looks like random garbage to me.