Old October 3rd 15, 12:57 PM posted to uk.legal,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur
gareth gareth is offline

Default uk.radio.amateur.moderated

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

My replies, on the other hand, are intended to warn others of Evans's
criminal conviction, malicious character and activities.

And your malicious, unnecessary, gratuitous, false, and somewhat infantile
remarks about this being an
ex-council house and my company failing are evidence to support your claim?

Hardly. They are evidence of your own nastiness.

This is not an ex-council house, but there is an interesting (to some!)
story there. In 1955, if you
bought a new house, it was subject to some form of purchase tax, but if you
had a house made to
your own specification, then no such tax applied When this row of houses was
being built, each
of the prospective purchasers was able to specify some part of it, such as
bay windows or not, or whether
the back door was on the side or the rear wall, and thus avoided the
purchase tax.

My company did not fail, for, when it was shut down, it was fully solvent
and owed no money to anyone.

I shut it down because the only contract work being offered at that time was
the mis-named defence work,
and as a pacifist, I have no wish to be involved in the killing of any of my
fellow men.

Since becoming a retired company officer, and living off my life savings, I
was head-hunted twice by a local software house, but on the
basis that they would employ me as a short-term permie so I'd not be
bothered by all the admin of self-employment. Unfortunately,
I had to terminate the last contract prematurely because the company took on
"defence" work and so I reverted to
living off my savings in comfortable retirement.