Old December 31st 03, 03:20 PM
Ron

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 02:51:26 +0000, Dave Woolf wrote:

Just wonder what other's might do to keep moisture from getting into the
semi-hollow 9913 type low loss coax. It would seem inevitiable with
changes in temperature and pressure that moist air would eventually work
its way into the coax and then condense.

I had a fellow ham that took the precaution of pressurizing this type of
coax to maintain positive pressure and keep out outside air. Seemed like
a lot of effort but maybe it is necessary.

I have tried to seal the ends of the coax with silicone sealant but I am
not really sure that this has been effective in the long term.

What do others do? What has been your experience?

Dave - K8RSP
(to reply to me directly remove NOSPAM from above address)

Butyl rubber based self amalgamating tape, Electrical Tape, Top Coat, I
use a coat of UV Stabilized clear Spray paint Tape:
http://www.surplussales.com/Antennas/Antennas-7.html

Over the years I have cleaned up a lot of messes where they connectors
were not sealed properly. I have taken apart my connections to replace
Damaged antennas and the connections are dry as a bone. after 10 years of
more in the air.

IMHO: Take a close look at Times Microwave cables, I think it's a better
products than the equivalent Beldon.

Ron