Old October 5th 15, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default About verticals

On 10/4/2015 8:53 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sun, 4 Oct 2015 19:44:24 -0400, rickman wrote:

I don't know why you are talking about "a real ground" when the context
was a ground plane antenna.

"It is a ground plane with 4 radials (typical). Free space."

Clearly that can exist. You said you can't have a "ground plane". The
antenna has a ground plane no matter where it is.

Argh. You're right. I misread the original question.

Have you had too much coffee today?

No. I've been stacking firewood, dragging junk around, and doing
other odd jobs around the house today. When I get tired, I sit down
at the computah and post wrong information and bad advice at about 1
hr intervals. Maybe I shouldn't do that.

lol

--

Rick