Old October 11th 03, 03:19 AM
Dee D. Flint

"MikeB" wrote in message
om...
MikeB wrote:

lid wrote in message

There is NO Tech Plus test. Only Tech, General and Extra.

-Frank

Hmmmm. How about "Technicians with HF" (term is from the ARRL
website)? I was trying to say that I was also taking the code test
portion also.

MikeB

There is no Tech with HF. You need a General Class.

73

Frank K3EKO

Hmmmmm, the FCC

(
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/ama...atorclass.html)says

"A Technician Class licensee who also has passed a 5 words-per-minute
(wpm) telegraphy examination receives privileges in four long distance
shortwave bands in the HF range (3-30 MHz) (Refer to Section 97.301)"

Is this incorrect or outdated? As I said before this is all new to me!

MikeB

If you pass the 5wpm test you DO get some HF privileges. A handy reference
is the ARRL Publication "Now You're Talking" or the Gordon West study guide
for Technician. Either one will show you exactly what privileges you will
have on HF after passing the Technician and 5wpm tests.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE