Old October 12th 15, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default 160m Dipole on 30M

"R. Scott" wrote in message ...

My 16Ø dipole (1Ø5 each leg and 75ft twin lead) wont tune 3Ø with auto
tuner on rig. Its fine on the other low bands I want to work (40/80/160)

Anyone know a way to help it tune ???? It tries and even finds a low SWR of
about 1.1 - 1 but then goes off into the sunset detunes and times
out.

You might try changing the feedline length. That won't do anything for the
antenna system SWR, but it will move the impedance seen by the tuner to a
different position on the Smith chart.

Your tuner might be happy with that new impedance.

Wayne

W5GIE