Old October 15th 15, 01:50 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default 2m colinear (Was : The little holes in PL259)

"gareth" wrote in message

Must close now because my aerail rigger is due in half an hour, but thanks
for all the
positively social hints and tips!

We got the colinear down, but how does one get to the SO239 to remove the
feeder?

I don't know its make, because I got it 2nd hand about 12 years ago at the
Flight Refuelling
rally.

It's about 8 feet long, and a the bottom are 3 little radials about 18
inches long. As far as I can
remember, one should remove the stub pole from the bottom to access the
SO239, but therein is the problem.

We had the Stilson wrench, and any number of plumber's grippers, but it
won't budge, even after the
application of WD40 and the the gas blowlamp (and there's an interesting
thing, I'd not used the blowlamp for
about 20 years and Lo! and Behold! it has a soldering iron attachment
exactly right for the original PL259
problem (shame facedly) )

Any ideas, apart from sawing the stub to bits and replacing it with other
aluminium tube?

YES!!!! We did remove the little nut that fixeth the stub pole :-)