Old October 16th 15, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Weatherproofing an out doors ATU?

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015, gareth wrote:

I wonder what you all do to weatherproof an external ATU, both
to keep the weather out, and also to prevent condensation within?

A small brick-built cabinet, perhaps?

Find something plastic that's in one piece, invert it, and put the tuner
inside. So the water just drips off it. A lot of those plastic bins have
covers, though upside down they likely might help water get in. I think
you're supposed to drill a hole in the bottom to cover condensation, just
a small one fixes the problem.

I once found a bunch of cable amplifiers in a garbage bin on the sidewalk,
those were well built for outside use. But too small for an antenna
tuner.

Michael