Old October 16th 15, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Stephen Thomas Cole[_3_] Stephen Thomas Cole[_3_] is offline

Default Moratorium

rickman wrote:
On 10/16/2015 1:42 PM, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 10/16/2015 12:19 PM, Stephen Thomas Cole wrote:
rickman wrote:
On 10/16/2015 3:42 AM, AndyW wrote:
On 16/10/2015 01:17, Sal M. O'Nella wrote:

"rickman" wrote in message ...

Why is it so difficult to resist turning this group into a cacophony of
babbling? It is hard to get more than a small handful in a conversation
that help many of us learn, but one idiot posts some garbage and gets a
dozen replies.

I know people have talked about how they successfully ignored the idiot
and shooed him away. Why can't we do that in this group too? Just
resist responding to him no matter what he says. Then if anyone does
respond to the idiot, consider those posts to be from idiots too and
ignore them as well.

In URA we just all just agreed not to respond to his posts and it all
went quiet. Occasionally people slipped and were reminded by the group.
Unfortunately it did seem to push him into other NGs..... sorry about
that chaps.

The thing is, in the past I have found him helpful and informative but
of late it is all abuse, faux indignation and starting threads with
innocent inquiries as titles and then turning them into arguements.
He saw me as the instigator of 'Project Shun' and so completely ignores
me now so I will just have to live without the nasty personal abuse
which he keeps denying but it is all archived.

He is on a roll this morning. I sure wish we could do a project shun in
all the groups he posts to. But there are a number of posters who seem
to live for arguing with him. I have to admit his BS is so bad sometimes
I respond to him even when I know I shouldn't.

So why don't we do a "project shun"?

The Project Shun we ran in ukra was a great success, he spent a short time
in full-blown hysterics over being ignored before buggering off. Sadly, for
you guys, he buggered off to rra.* in search of fresh meat. But yes, I
think a new Project Shun is in order, it's time we drove this mentally
defective clown out of groups where us good and decent folk are.

I don't know about the "good and decent folk" part, but yes, I'm ready
for project shun. Maybe it would be easiest if I just quit this group?

That would be a shame, as then Gareth would have achieved what he wanted
and what he set out to do in fouling yet another newsgroup.

You are as big a problem as Gareth is and I don't recall any useful
content from you. I have added Gareth to my kill file and now I am
adding you as well. I will also add those who post abusive replies to
Gareth or anyone else. If that doesn't improve this group I'm just going to leave.

Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW wins again. A sad state of affairs.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur