Old October 11th 03, 12:59 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Frank K3EKO" wrote in message
news:uKKhb.724332$YN5.647633@sccrnsc01...
Dee D. Flint wrote:
"Frank K3EKO" wrote in message
news:uqKhb.724221$YN5.646872@sccrnsc01...

Dee D. Flint wrote:

And after restructuring. Since I am teaching a class, I have read the
current FCC rules and the current ARRL "Now You're Talking."

Technicians

who pass a 5wpm code test get the old Tech+/Novice HF privileges.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE
VE for ARRL and W5YI

This arguement is pointless. You can't talk to a brick wall. I'm done
here.

73

Frank K3EKO

Paragraph 97.301(e) clearly lists the HF privileges for any Technician

who
has passed the 5wpm code test.

So the brick wall is you and you have yet to state where you get your

source
of information. It certainly is not the FCC rules.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE
VE for ARRL and W5YI

This is from the W5YI website.

http://www.w5yi.org/AmRadio.htm#TECHNICIAN

TECHNICIAN

Almost all radioamateurs begin their ham career as a "Tech." The
privileges of a Technician Class operator license include operating
stations while transmitting on channels in any of 17 frequency bands
above 50 MHz with up to 1,500 watts power. It also allows access to
the two most popular ham bands, 2 meters and 70 cm ...otherwise known as
"450" (MHz.). To pass the Technician Class examination, at least 26
multiple choice questions from a 35 question written examination must be
answered correctly.

There are a total of 384 possible questions in the pool from which these
35 questions are drawn. All questions in the various question banks are
known and widely published. There are no secret questions. The
Technician Class is the most popular license with about one-third of all
radioamateurs holding this license class. You will find Technician
study materials here and here.

This page is out of date as it is obviously pre-restructuring. It discusses
the three license classes that are no longer tested for or issued as new
licenses (i.e. Novice, Tech Plus, and Advanced). That information is
superseded by the FCC rules. So go buy yourself the latest rulebook or the
latest study guide published by W5YI (i.e. the Gordon West book).

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE
VE for ARRL and W5YI