Old October 11th 03, 02:46 PM
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

"RVMJ" wrote in message
Airy R. Bean wrote to uk.radio.amateur and rec.radio.amateur.misc

"I wish to make a master oscillator for the shack, and am considering
cutting my own crystals in order to reduce ageing. Is there a source
of raw material?

Also, for temperature compensation, I am considering the use of
bi-metals.
(I've never seen one, but what is the mechanism used in Oxley's
Tempatrimmer?)"

Then when offered relevant advice on the subjects mentioned, said

"Was intended for alt.horology, a reference to pallet stones"

This latter statement has also attracted a considered reply.

Mr Bean has not yet corrected his posting error, and so for the
information of alt.horology, have added them to the FUs.

Perhaps we should call him Nero, with everything burning up around him he
just keeps on fiddling about.
Alternatively we could call him Thomas as in Crapper; a tribute to the
quality of his posts.
--
;)
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.