Old October 23rd 15, 07:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. O'Nella Sal M. O'Nella is offline

Default Moratorium

wrote in message

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 3:52:32 PM UTC-5, Sal M. O'Nella wrote:

My newsreader allows blocking posters selectively but it can't filter out
quote-backs in posts that answer the troublemaker(s). Much of the
contamination isn't eliminated. *sigh*

"Sal"/John

I've never used a kill file in my life. Always saw it as an act of weakness.
And not to mention that most true trouble makers will nym shift with every
change of the wind direction, so it ends up a silly game of tail chasing.
If I notice certain posters who consistently act silly and bark at the moon,
I just ignore them.
The only time I respond to any around here is if they try to pawn off
conjured up bafflegab as fact, which does a disservice to any newbies that
are actually trying to learn something.

I understand and I don't really disagree. I just wish that useful
discussions weren't so annoying to read because of so much junk requiring a
mental filter. I don't mean to be a whiner but I'm in the middle of some
extended medical treatment that already leaves me fuzzy-headed (more than
usual) and will for some months more. I somewhat resent any extra
brain-work.

I like the word "bafflegab," by the way. :-)

"Sal"/John
(KD6VKW, San Diego)