Old October 11th 03, 09:51 PM
Airy R. Bean

Your desperation to score points has blinded you.....

WRONG! once again. The mechanism is NOT on the balance wheel, 'cos
there won't be one, and neither will there be a balance spring - a little
knowledge is dangerous, and the combination of an OU degree
(6 'O' levels at best) and M3/CB licence show your knowledge
and understanding up for what they are worth.

Do all your pronouncements result from 5 minutes on the Web?

The temperature compensation I am considering is John "Longitude"
Harrison's Grid Iron.

Tempatrimmer? All part of the joke, but I doubt that your apparent
emotional imbalance demonstrated by your sneering tirade gives
you any scope to recognise humour.

Brian Reay wrote in message
"I am considering the use of bi-metals." The escape mechanism in a clock

(or
watch) is often temperature compensated but the mechanism is either on

the
"balance" wheel (the radius is changed to vary the angular momentum) or

the
balance spring (the tension being varied). Neither of these align with

the
mechanism of a tempratrimmer.