Old November 2nd 15, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Flex dryer vent hose loop antenna

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 18:31:55 -0500, rickman wrote:

When you say dryer hose, you mean the corrugated aluminum tube that is 3
or 4 inches in diameter.

Yep. Just like the stuff in the links provided.

That might work for a loop antenna, but I
think the corrugations are hard to collapse once you expand them. So I
doubt it will work as the tuning element unless you simply change the
shape of the loop rather than keeping it a circle with an adjustable size.

The bungee cord down the middle is suppose to help collapse the hose.
I must confess that I haven't tried it. If that doesn't work, then
some elastic cords. If that fails, a nylon rope and some external
springs.

I used some of this stuff in a larger diameter to connect a humidifier
and it was flexible enough to extend and shape, but didn't go back
hardly at all.

Yep. It won't go back by itself and needs some additional help.
Anyway, if you want to get your picture in QST as the building of the
worlds strangest and probably cheapest loop antenna, here's your
chance.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D