Old November 2nd 15, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Flex dryer vent hose loop antenna

On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 18:10:56 -0800, Paul Drahn
wrote:

Probable should clear the lint out first!
Paul, KD7HB

I know that hams are cheap, but I didn't realize that extended to
stealing the neighbors dryer vent hose in order to build an antenna. I
highly recommend purchasing a new hose, which comes pre-cleaned:
http://www.acehardware.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2627981

Incidentally, there's no requirement that the entire loop be made from
expandable hose. The loop could be in the form of a square loop,
where the flat base and flat top are rigid aluminum structures, and
the two vertical sections are flexible dryer vent hose. The weight of
the flat top would help collapse the antenna although I suspect that
springs or weights would work better.

It's not like inflatable antennas and structures are a new thing:
http://ltaprojects.com/towers/inflatable-antenna-video-towers/ham

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D