Old November 5th 15, 06:45 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting
Patty Winter Patty Winter is offline

Default One-second delay of KCBS 740 after KFRC-FM 106.9

In article ,
Charles Belov wrote:
KCBS 740 San Francisco "simulcasts" on KFRC-FM 106.9. I put simulcast in
quotes because I notice the broadcast coming from KCBS is about one
second behind KFRC-FM. This is a consistent behavior over many months,
not something randomly happening on a particular day.

Is there a legal or technical reason why this might be the case?

It would be technical. First question: are you listening to an analog
or digital radio?

BTW, you might increase your chances of someone who knows the situation
responding if you post your question to the Bay Area broadcasting groups,
ba.broadcast and ba.broadcast.moderated.

Patty