Old November 6th 15, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,ba.broadcast,ba.broadcast.moderated
David Kaye David Kaye is offline

Default One-second delay of KCBS 740 after KFRC-FM 106.9

"Neil" wrote

Maybe one of our colleagues in this group would be willing to get deeper
into the weeds about this.

Or not. Who cares? It likely doesn't even matter enough to KCBS engineers
to bother with fixing it. After all, a person is going to listen to the AM
or the FM. They're not going to be switching back and forth, or if they do
need to pick up one instead of the other due to signal levels, they're only
going to do it once or twice.

I think KCBS decided to simulacast on the FM just to pick up audiences that
normally don't listen to AM at all because the AM blankets the entire
coverage area of the FM with a far stronger signal than the FM. (I'm
comparing AM's 50kw real power to FM's 80kw ERP, much of which sails right
over the local area.)

---