Old November 10th 15, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default Flex dryer vent hose loop antenna

On 11/10/2015 2:02 AM, rickman wrote:
On 11/9/2015 7:52 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

My solution would be to use aluminum instead. Copper is not really
superior in a meaningful way and costs a lot more.

Money rears it's head as an issue, aluminum is cheaper.
+1 for aluminum.
Resistivity is 65% higher for aluminum.
I'd give that a -1, however, if maximizing Q is not
important in your design then still at +1.
Oxidation: Copper oxide vs Aluminum oxide.
Aluminum oxide is an insulator. How does that affect
skin resistance? I don't know, does it just shrink your tubing by the
thickness of the oxide?
Copper oxide is said to be a semiconductor, has much, much lower
resistance than aluminum oxide.
Page 5, http://www.ets-lindgren.com/pdf/emctd_1293_weibler.pdf

Or just varnish it.
Bottom of page, http://hamwaves.com/coils/en/

Aluminum is a great material to work with.

My magloop nightmare come true:
http://www.mixw.co.uk/MagLoop/magloopF.htm

I don't get your point here.

Build one, monitor your dreams.

Jeff, I don't like the parallel sections,
seems like it could be made more complicated
using x, y, and z right angles. Nap on that! :-)

Mikek