Old November 17th 15, 11:12 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,comp.misc
[email protected] jimp@specsol.spam.sux.com is offline

Default EMP

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna rickman wrote:
On 11/17/2015 5:38 PM, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna rickman wrote:
On 11/17/2015 4:56 PM, Wayne wrote:

"gareth" wrote in message ...

Those who were self-taught to the exclusion of sideband and sidetone
are no doubt unaware that in the event of a nuclear detonation that an
EMP
will melt the RF amps in their RXs because of the amount of power that
their antennae will pick up?

Anyway, in the light of the events in Paris last Friday, and
previously the attack
on the World Trade Centre on 11/9 the costly and
unnecessary nuclear deterrent doesn't seem to be working awfully well,
does it?

It is indeed a mess, and I'm doing my own part to be prepared.

However that includes some options not available to you. Example: a
few semiautomatic rifles, pistols and several thousand rounds.

Then what do you do the second day?

Reload.

John Brown tried that...

Nope, John Brown was fighting his own war against the US government; a
totally different thing from citizens resisting terrorism.

A better analogy would be the local farmers, shopkeepers, and militia
that pinned down Brown and his troops in the Harpers Ferry Armory
until the Marines arrived.

--
Jim Pennino