Old December 31st 03, 10:48 PM
Adrian

HI Doc / Dan

Adrian,
It really isn't going to make all that much difference.
Run the feed line as best you can, see what the 'problems'
are and then try to minimize them. Needless to say, at 20
feet height, on 80 meters, how you run the feed line isn't
one of the 'biggies' to worry about. That's not to say that
you shouldn't do it as 'correctly' as possible, just don't
loose a lot of sleep over it.

Thanks for the comments.
I know that 20ft is a bit on the 'low' side - but the poles are going
to be close to the skyline, and there are people about the area who
might well object if the poles grew any taller.....

I had another thought today. There's a nice wooden fence surrounding
this piece of land - I could probably string about 500 - 600 ft of
wire around this in a big loop, and feed it with the open-wire feeder.

OK - so it would only be about 4ft off the ground - but it might
possibly work ....? I might try this approach first (before 'planting'
the other two 20ft poles.....

...... but not tonight - it's dark, close on freezing, and there's a
force 5 gale coming down over the paddock

Thanks again & Happy New Year

Adrian
Suffolk UK