Old November 23rd 15, 07:26 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] is offline

Default Scratchy?

On 22/11/2015 22:12, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/22/2015 4:05 PM, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Ian Jackson
escribió:

On the occasions when I've used WD40 on pots, fan bearings etc, it
hasn't caused any subsequent problems.

"proper" contact cleaner works better and doesn't pick up contaminants
like WD40 does.

But, of course, you must use it
vary sparingly.

Indeed, and at the force it comes out of the can, that can be tricky.
Spraying it into a small snootiness and using the tip of a screwdriver
to transfer it works. But for pots, switches, etc., it's still better
to use contact cleaner made for the job.

Exactly. I would never use WD40 on an electrical/electronic device.

I would and do all the time ......

--
Man at Oxfam
All things DIGITAL do not work