Old November 28th 15, 10:13 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
gareth gareth is offline

Default Test equipment and the march of time

Looking at the shelves of test eqpt that I've gathered over the past 45
years,
any one of them could now be produced in a container the size of a matchbox,
and with much greater capability than these boxes 8" square by 3" high!

MOAN
With the ubiquity of the PC in the home, thereby capable of providing
the complete human interface to test equipment, I wonder how many actually
have the capability today of verifying the harmonic output of the rigs, and
confirming the frequency accuracy?

Or, even for the assumed technically minded radio amateur, does the old
adage
now apply that to the average person anything suffiently advanced seems
just like black magic?

What has happened to the _REAL_ radio amateur who understands the innards
of his equipment to some depth and will maintian it himself?

/MOAN