Old November 28th 15, 01:21 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Jimbo Jimbo is offline

Default Test equipment and the march of time

"Stephen Thomas Cole" wrote in message
"gareth" wrote:
"Jimbo" wrote in message

"Rambo" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Nov 2015 10:13:37 -0000, "gareth"
wrote:
What has happened to the _REAL_ radio amateur who understands the
innards
of his equipment to some depth and will maintian it himself?

Gone the same way as the mechanic with his dwell meter and feeler
gauges...its progress I'm afraid.

I have all that old gear including colourtune.....you never know when
you
might need them ....

Gosh! ColourTune - I've got one of those which has lain unused since 1984
when
I got my first brand-new car since when I've paid for servicing and
repairs!

Also grease gun, and rubber tube and glass jamjar to bleed the brakes.

Also a strobe light to pick out TDC!

Happy days!

***Project Shun Notice***
Gareth Alun Evans G4SDW has been placed under a global shunning order by
Project Shun for his continual, deranged trolling.
Please help us make Usenet better by not responding to his malicious and
lunatic postings.
With thanks, Team Project Shun.
***end***

STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur

REPORTED TO ISP FOR STALKING AND SPAMMING