Old November 29th 15, 02:14 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Fred Roberts Fred Roberts is offline

Default Everything too small?

On 28/11/2015 23:43, gareth wrote:
Are the controls on today's rigs too small and too closely packed
together?

How about if we had the same controls, and the same density of
component electronics but spread out over a front panel, say, 1 ft
wide and 8 inches high?

The ergonomics of the TS-480 are superb for a small mobile radio a lot
of thought obviously went into its design. The ergonomics of the K3 with
a bigger panel are a disaster.. bloody awful. Size isn't everything ;-)

Wouldn't that be easier to deal with?

My main radios don't have knobs and I don't miss them at all, it is much
more intuitive and handier in todays modern shack to have everything on
screen, IMHO of course.

--
Extend ****s law - make 'em wear a cheat sheet 24/7