Old July 11th 03, 06:51 PM
Jim Kelley

W5DXP wrote:

Jim Kelley wrote:
Why should someone believe what you say when there's
no evidence you've even worked the problem yourself?

Here's an interesting reply to one of my postings on
sci.physics.electromag:

Cecil said:
Seems to me that destructive interference event occurring in the direction
of the source feeds energy to the constructive interference event occurring
in the direction of the load.

The reply was:
Yes, just so. In fact, the phase change/non-change when the waves are
reflected/transmitted by low-to-high or high-to-low interfaces ensures
that this will always happen - if in phase on one side, they must be out
of phase on the other.

Which is exactly what I say in my article.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Hi Cecil,

Obviously he's describing the phase relationships between reflected and
transmitted waves, and the fact that destructive interference occurs on
one side of the boundary and destructive interference occurs on the
other side of the boundary. I agree, and I've always told you I liked
that part of your paper.

73, Jim AC6XG