Old December 4th 15, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Usenet and NGs dying?

"gareth" wrote in message

Especially for we old fogies who, to all intents and purposes, do not
have a mobile phone. I do have one, but only switch it on for
emergency-style outgoing calls. 15 years ago I got a £50
pay-as-you-go card upon which I still have baout £7 left.

In the states I don't know of any pay plan that will let you buy a plan that
lasts more than 1 year. I usually buy my wife a 1 year plan for about $ 100
and she probably has $ 90 left at the end of the year. We still have a
regular land line and it gets more in comming calls than out going.

I have a $ 10 per month plan for a smart phone and it is good for cell phone
service as much as I want and data when around a wifi system.

I wish we could get a plan that would actually last for the minuits we pay
for.