Old December 7th 15, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default Disrupting Usenet NGs

On 12/7/2015 2:54 PM, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , rickman writes
On 12/7/2015 1:59 PM, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Brian Reay writes
Jeff, please feel free to join RSGBTech, a Yahoo group which is
specifically intended for the technical amateurs and those who wish to
learn. It is moderated so the likes of Evans don't get to disrupt it.

If you would like an invitation, which speeds up the joining process,
drop me an Email. There is a valid address on my website.

There's a rumour on the Yahoo NDB list that the Yahoo groups may be
numbered. Rumour may stem from :-

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ya...0TN2IC20151205

#KMJHucvR0ufqhUcL.97

If Yahoo groups are taken down what are reasonable alternatives?

Google Groups was mentioned as an alterative. I'm not subscribed to any
google groups, so I don't know how they work. I use mailing lists for
the yahoo groups I use rather than the web client. I don't know if
google groups operate mailing lists.

I don't recall if google groups will do the mailing thing or not. I
know it originally didn't have any other functions like file storage.
I'm not sure what it does now as I don't use it. I know it mirrors
usenet stuff.

--

Rick