Old December 8th 15, 05:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob[_32_] Bob[_32_] is offline

Default Disrupting Usenet NGs

On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 00:49:24 +0000, (Roger Hayter) wrote:

Here's a thought; we set up the ham.* hierarchy. Groups to include;
ham.technical, ham.ragchew, ham.binaries. All moderated, .ragchew
exceedingly light-touch, though. Invest some energy into getting ham.*
carried by the major NSPs and, bosh, we've got a fail safe for when Yahoo
kills Groups.

Ok, you need new binary groups for archiving, but why not use the
existing groups for discussion? They don't have to be in the same
hierarchy.

--

Roger Hayter

The vast majority of binaries fall under the alt hierarchy, such as
alt.binaries.teevee, or alt.binaries.multimedia for example. alt.binaries.ham
has pretty much nothing but spam at the moment with 704 posts beginning in July
2003 to February 2010 with but only 2 posts in 2012 and 2 more in 2014 - all
junk, BUT it has been pretty much ignored since February 2010, so it could work.
Also other alt.binaries.ham related groups can be created. It's worth a look
anyway. I'm done with rr.amateur.antenna, as I suppose many others are. It's
just a place for trolls to get their daily fix, with too many willing to provide
him with it on a daily basis. He must wake up every morning giddy with delight
finding so many have been drawn into the traps, while he continues to get his
fix throughout the day.

Bob KB2ZGN