Old December 9th 15, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Free space and our systems of units?

"gareth" wrote in message ...

The impedance of Free Space is given as 377 ohms.

Surely if there's nothing there, that should be unity, suggesting that our
systems of units, newtons, volts, etc. are arbitrary and just plain wrong.

Should we change, as we do for circular measure, now using Radians and
neither
Degrees nor Grads?

Agreed. And to further simplify things we should switch to a revised metric
time system.
One with ten hours per day, ten minutes per hour, ten seconds per minute and
ten months per year.