Old December 10th 15, 02:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Brian Howie Brian Howie is offline

Default Free space and our systems of units?

In message , Wayne
writes

"gareth" wrote in message ...

The impedance of Free Space is given as 377 ohms.

Surely if there's nothing there, that should be unity, suggesting that our
systems of units, newtons, volts, etc. are arbitrary and just plain wrong.

Should we change, as we do for circular measure, now using Radians and
neither
Degrees nor Grads?

Agreed. And to further simplify things we should switch to a revised
metric time system.
One with ten hours per day, ten minutes per hour, ten seconds per
minute and ten months per year.

If you could fit in a months of Sundays, I could probably get the my
unfinished projects done.

Brian
--
Brian Howie