Old January 23rd 16, 08:04 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] Jim GM4DHJ ...[_2_] is offline

Default A historical regret.

On 22/01/2016 22:54, gareth wrote:
It is my regret that I have very little in the way of valve (tube for the
Yanks)
equipment, despite having had the seeds of interest sown 54 years ago at age
11.

It saddens me when I think of the valved RXs that I once had and then let
go, R210, R1475, HRO,
R1155, RA17 and for TX, KW Vanguard, FT101E (twice), Codar AT5, Sommerkamp
747.

Still, tomorrow I hope to go a little way to correcting the bias by picking
up an FT200
and an Eddystone 640!

I do havve sitting on the shelf a Trio 830s, though, although hidden behind
thepile of QRP rigs.

s640 was my first rx....still got one ....

--
Cheat your way through life, join the Freemasons
DIGITAL just doesn't work properly most of the time