Old October 18th 03, 05:16 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Bohack" wrote in message
om...
Dear friends,

Recently I purchased an ICOM IC-706MKIIG transceiver. Right now it
is mounted in my vehicle and is mobile. However with winter
approaching i would like to bring it inside so i can listen to DX
stations. I have now power supply for it, however i have 2Amp variable
power supply on my bench. Do you think that would be enough power just
for RX? I do realize if i transmit with it i will blow the fuse in the
power supply.

Someone also recommended using a car battery charger. However i
think if it comes to that, i should just purchase a power supply made
for the job. Wanted to know you comments...

Thanx,

Jon B. KB3KGS

Hard to answer. Read your book on it and see what it consumes in RX mode.
Thats the answer.

Dan/W4NTI