Old February 4th 16, 11:37 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gareth gareth is offline

Default Not sure where to post this - sound card drivers?

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
In message , Stephen Thomas Cole
writes
AndyW wrote:
snip
Hope that helps

Sadly, I doubt he understood any of it.

I certainly didn't!

I can well see from Ian's post that the usual infantile whingers
and abusers have responded, and that is only to be expected
given their emotional ages, and so the cesspit against which
they rail continues to be fed with their own effluent.

The _REAL radio amateur understands the innards of his rig
down to the last rheophore, whereas the CBer-masquerading-as-a-radio-amateur
fails to understand even the difference between sideband and sidetone.

The arrival of the general purpose computer opened up the possibility
to _REAL_ radio amateurs of doing their own programming, but, sadly,
although the computer is to be found in many shacks, the programs therein
have largely been of the Cheque book (CB) variety, making even the
traditional _REAL_ radio amateur indistinguishable from the
CBer-masquerading-as-a-radio-amateur for large parts of his shack.

I'm eager to work in the area; anybody out there with relevant experience?

(For myself, I understand the operation of computers right from the Drude
model of conduction right up to database applications whether relational,
or hierarchical, etc. I have worked in machine code, assembler, and numerous
HLLs, some of them interpreted; developed device drivers under RSX-11, and
so am well placed to pick up quickly the threads in a particular area of
which
I yet have no experience)