Old February 4th 16, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Copper/Aluminum Connection

"Bob Wilson" wrote in message
Yes, there is a problem with aluminum to copper connections.

There are various "greases" to solve the problem.

That grease is widely used where aluminum power wiring comes in from a
pole and connects to a lug in a meter. And for that matter when I have
bought wiring panels (I mean the box where your power fuses or circuit
breakers live) they have come with a sticker saying the grease must be
used wherever wire other than copper connects to the panel.
Bob, WA9D

That grease is fine for inside a house where it does not get wet. Outside
for antennas it would probably wash off after a few rains. Then with the
wet conductors you get what is called galvanic corrosion.

The more distance in the chart it is, the faster this action is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion