Old February 8th 16, 11:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gareth gareth is offline

Default An SDR or DDS question?

"Brian Howie" wrote in message
In message , gareth
writes
All-in-all, this revelation by Brian is to be recommended to those who
wish to see an example of DSP programming to run on a PC.
Well done, Brian, and many thanks!

Yw
Someone has modified the code to use increased sound card sample rates ,
and add other features .
https://sites.google.com/site/swljo30tb/home
I can receive MSF amongst other stations on 60KHz with the 192KHz version
on an untuned 5ft loop antenna I use on MF.

The accompanying PPT is in foreign, presumably Swedish, but there
is an interesting page showing the VLF antenna, and the interest to me comes
from numerous tappings along the antenna with a coil down to ground.

An early form of loop antenna, perhaps?

Is there scope here for experiments on similar such tappings to bring
a Top Band antenna down to a size to fit a suburban garden?