Old February 14th 16, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur
Roger Hayter Roger Hayter is offline

Default Anthropomorphising the electron and the electric field

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

En el artículo , Roger Hayter
escribió:

I think you would enjoy the extensive works of Ivor Catt, published in
Wireless World over the last half-century.

wikipedia:

q "Catt spent six years in the 1960s working in five different
electronic companies in the USA. He was very disillusioned by his
experience" /q

Ooh, sounds familiar.

q "wrote a harsh critique of American management practices in his
book, The Catt Concept: The New Industrial Darwinism. [...] The book got
largely negative reviews, with Kirkus Reviews describing it as a
contrived and often muddled work that rested on "one man's bitter and
limited experience" /q

Well, that sums up Gareth Alun Evans to a T, doesn't it? But then we
all know he's a pussy catt.

Miaow!

I was actually thinking more of his work on what happens when you switch
on a simple circuit. He dd not think the textbooks explained it
convincingly so he invented his own theory. My take is that it depends
on maths that is beyond me, and there is no reason a simple
non-mathematical analogy should be both available and right. But it is
fun to read, if only for the monomaniacal rage expressed in apparently
reasonable words that Catt manages to get past the sub-editors.
--

Roger Hayter