Old February 17th 16, 11:22 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
gareth gareth is offline

Default Blimey! £3000 !!!!!

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
"gareth" wrote in message
In today's Indian newspaper, The "Delhi" Telegraph :-) , there is a
snippet
about a WWII SOE suitcase spy set being sold in Rochester, Kent, and the
asking price is £3K.

Now, where are all those bits from that decrepit R1155 that I
disassembled
50 years or so ago, when I didn't know what I was really doing?

I did that with a 19 set and I still don't know what I am doing .......

The VMARS stand at Didcot had a restored 19 set on display, out
ot its case. When I mentioned to the guy that they were available in the
1960s for £4-19-6d, long before I could ever afford such a sum, he intimated
that one in pristine condition today would sell for £400+