Old February 22nd 16, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,uk.radio.amateur
Issued with Damages ... Issued with Damages ... is offline

Default Smith Charts

On 22/02/2016 19:08, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.antenna gareth wrote:
ATU setting up seems to be a matter of suck-it-and-see, even
on the part of the auto ATUs (which are made for for
CBers-masquerading-as-radio-amateurs
because _REAL_ radio amateurs have no qualms about twiddling knobs
themselves)

REAL radio amateurs know that the best place for an antenna tuner is
at the base of the antenna, which makes "twiddling knobs" a bit difficult.

I wonder if anyone takes a more scientifc approach by measurement and then
calculation, such as by Smith Chartification?

Such would require increased complexity in the hardware and software and
also require periodic calibration.

Ever heard of the KISS principal?

Keep It Stupidly Simple ... ???

--

Rescue an animal or shut up about it ...
Never buy a French car ...