Old October 20th 03, 01:07 AM
Eddie Haskel

NO.....the Icom 706MKII-G is a power monger..draws about 1.5 amps on RX. A
few good power supplies that will power it nicely are the Samlex 1223 (20
amps) and the Alinco supplies. If you want RX only look into a small analog
(quieter) 5 amp supply..Eddie P.S. battery chargers have noise and voltage
spiking and NO voltage regulation at all.
"Bohack" wrote in message
om...
Dear friends,

Recently I purchased an ICOM IC-706MKIIG transceiver. Right now it
is mounted in my vehicle and is mobile. However with winter
approaching i would like to bring it inside so i can listen to DX
stations. I have now power supply for it, however i have 2Amp variable
power supply on my bench. Do you think that would be enough power just
for RX? I do realize if i transmit with it i will blow the fuse in the
power supply.

Someone also recommended using a car battery charger. However i
think if it comes to that, i should just purchase a power supply made
for the job. Wanted to know you comments...

Thanx,

Jon B. KB3KGS