Old March 24th 16, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Allodoxaphobia[_2_] Allodoxaphobia[_2_] is offline

Default What's In a Name -- Of My Antenna?

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 18:29:22 -0700, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Will you settle for uninformed speculation and reverse engineering?
Even the invention of RADAR was originally inspired by an attempt to
produce a suitable "death ray".

Uninformed speculation, indeed.
But, I'm sure once RADAR started being developed and improved,
the military brains of the era thought/sought to weaponize it.