Old March 25th 16, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
rickman rickman is offline

Default RF Window Size

On 3/25/2016 5:33 PM, Sn!pe wrote:
Pat wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:13:09 +0000, (Sn!pe) wrote:

[...]

Have you considered using HomePlug powerline ethernet such as this?
$69 for a starter kit seems quite well priced. I assume that you have
power in your shed connected to your house wiring. my setup to my own
shed over a similar distance works pretty well at ~20 Mbps.

http://www.amazon.com/ZyXEL-PLA4205kit-HomePlug-Powerline-Wall-plug/dp/B005GCSZD6

Yes. I have considered that. However, the shed is powered from a
separate feed back the power company. I didn't want to risk the money
to buy one of these only to find its signal didn't make it through the
power company's transformer.

Pat

Agreed, I think it's highly unlikely that the signal would get through
a transformer. I've heard that it can even have trouble getting from one
segment of house wiring to another if they're on different sections of
the consumer unit distribution board, although I haven't found that to
be a problem here.

No, a signal like this definitely won't get through the transformer.
The power companies in some areas use the electric wires to send control
signals like a network. They have to install high frequency jumpers to
get past transformers.

--

Rick