Old March 26th 16, 04:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sal M. O'Nella Sal M. O'Nella is offline

Default What's In a Name -- Of My Antenna?

"Wayne" wrote in message ...

"Wor" wrote in message ...

I think "beam" i spolitical name. Antenas with directivity was made by
japanese scientists Yagi and Uda. And after WWII Japan was not very popular
between Americans. So, they name such antennas "beam"

I don't know the correct definition, but my definition is an antenna array
with inline elements.
Those elements can be parasitic or driven. And they can be dipoles, quads,
triangles or whatever.
I beginning to get the sense that the definition is sufficiently broad that
the antenna in question has to be described in more detail if the term
"beam" is to be applied.

"Sal"